The Lonely Planet Philippines
- Dorm bed or single room P400–800
- Local lunch, dinner and beer P400
- Tricycle ride P8
- Air-con room P1000–3000
- Lunch and dinner with drinks in a restaurant P700
- Motorbike rental P500
Top end (more than)
- Boutique resort P4000–12, 000
- Dinner at a resort restaurant P800
- Private island-hopping trip P2500
The unit of currency is the peso (P), divided into 100 centavos. Banknotes in wide circulation come in denominations of 20, 50, 100, 200, 500 and 1000 pesos. The most common coins are 1, 5 and 10 pesos. ATMs are widely available and credit cards are accepted at hotels, restaurants and some shops in all but remote areas.
- Restaurants A 10% service charge is automatically added to the bill at some restaurants, but leaving a little extra is always appreciated (perhaps P40 to P50 per person if service is not included).
- Taxis At minimum, round up taxi fares, but consider tipping more (say P20 to P50).